Things to do in West Lafayette
The greater Lafayette area offers a remarkably diverse mix of things to do when visiting. Downtown features historic neighborhoods, wonderful chef-owned bistros, community festivals, and a variety of stores in Lafayette, IN.
Just a mile from the Purdue University campus and adjacent to the nationally-acclaimed Purdue Research Park, the Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette is the choice location for exploring the area. Quick access to Interstate 65 and Sagamore Parkway make it easy to get to major business districts and leisure attractions. The Indianapolis Airport Shuttle Service makes nine stops daily at our front door, as well as at the university.
Home of the Boilermakers, Purdue provides the opportunity to see nationally-ranked sports teams in any season. Steeped in tradition, the school is renowned for educational opportunities, a thriving art community, and world-class entertainment, including Broadway shows and top-rated international artists. Visiting campus is among one of the exciting and fun things to do in West Lafayette.
Explore the town as you spend the day shopping in the many stores Lafayette, Indiana has to offer. Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette is located near a variety of shopping malls, antiques, super stores, and downtown boutiques.
No shopping trip to West Lafayette is complete without visiting the historical downtown. Walk along the Wabash River and choose from over 70 unique shops and restaurants, or shop near the Purdue University campus. If antiques and collectibles are what you're looking for, both downtown areas in West Lafayette and Lafayette have these specialty shops. Be sure to check out some of our favorite Lafayette shopping venues below.
- Chauncey Village and Chauncey Hill Mall
- Klazzy Klutter
- Market Square Shopping Center
- Tippecanoe Mall
- Wabash Landing
- University Square
Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette is near several Lafayette golf courses for the golfer of every skill level and budget. With so many options of things to do in West Lafayette, we recommend you spend a day on the green at some of these nearby West Lafayette golf courses.
- Ackerman Hills - Birck Boilermaker Golf Complex
- Battle Ground Golf Club
- Kampen Course- Birck Boilermaker Golf Complex
- Coyote Crossing Golf Course
- Elks Country Club
- Lafayette Golf Course
- The Ravines Golf Course
Other things to do in West Lafayette and the surrounding area include:
- Art Museum of Greater Lafayette
- Artists' Own
- Purdue University Galleries
- Tippecanoe Battlefield and Museum
- Wells Community Cultural Center
- Bach Chorale Singers
- Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette
- Lafayette Ballet Company
- Lafayette Symphony Orchestra
- Purdue Theatre
- Frank Llyod Wright Home
- Fort Ouiatenon
- Historic Prophetstown
- Lafayette Brewing Co.
- Tour de Lafayette
- Wildcat Creek Winery
Parks & Recreation
- Clegg Botanical Gardens
- Lilly Nature Center at Celery Bog Nature Area
- Prophetstown State Park
- Purdue University Horticulture Gardens and Park
- Wolf Park
- Purdue University
- Adams Mill
- Fair Oaks Dairy Adventure
- Indiana Beach Amusement and Camp Resort
- Wabash & Erie Canal Interpretive Center
- Feast of the Hunters' Moon
- Indiana Fiddler's Festival
- Taste of Tippecanoe
- Uptown Blues and Jazz Festival
- Wabash Riverfest
- Taste of Tippecanoe